Digital control, smooth touchpad, temperature control probe and a chart on the door makes Hamilton Beach Set and Forget Toaster Oven takes the technology at a higher level. It is a highly user friendly countertop appliance featuring an efficient baking, broiling and food warming. This six slice toaster oven applies convection heating technique of cooking and shut off feature for safety if forgot to turn off. The convection cooking is done 25% quicker in Hamilton Beach Set and Forget Toaster Oven due to even circulation of the heat around the food during cooking.
A built in temperature probe provides meat cooked perfectly each time. This temperature probe heats up the food to a perfect temperature before serving. You just need to insert the probe in the meat and set desired temperature. Once the desired temperature is reached the toaster oven automatically shifts to the warm mode to avoid overheating. All these features make Hamilton Beach Set and Forget Toaster Oven a handy product for all of the kitchens.
Table of Contents
Features of Hamilton Beach Set and Forget Toaster Oven
1400 watts oven toaster of Hamilton Beach is characterized by the following distinctive features
- Price is less than $100 (check current price on Amazon)
- Dimensions of 9 x 18.2 x 10.3 inches and 17 pounds in weight
- A non stick internal cavity
- Quick convention cooking
- Digital touchpad control
- Good visibility of inside during cooking due to light interior
- Easy to clean due to non stick interior
- Temperature probe to cook meat at safe temperature preventing overcooking
- Safe covered area to store probe
- Traditional way cooking when convection setting or probe is not selected
- When cooking is done the mode is shifted to warm automatically to serve food warmed up to two hours
- Comes with accessories; sliding out crumb tray, baking pan and broiling rack
- More than 350 positive customer reviews are posted (read all customers reviews).
Functions of Hamilton Beach set and forget toaster oven
Hamilton Beach Set and Forget Toaster Oven has some preprogrammed functions that help in cooking perfectly. It has a touchpad control panel with one touch functions of
- TOAST – for even toasting with low medium and dark shade setting
- BAKE – to bake cakes, cookies and pizzas
- CONV. – to cook food quickly
- PROBE – to serve meat at a special temperature
- WARM – to warm the meat once the desired temperature is reached
- TIMER – to set the time for safe cooking
- TEMP – to set the temperature of the food
Pros and cons of Hamilton Beach Set and Forget Toaster Oven
- An even toasting with a range of shades from light shade to dark shade
- Includes 5 settings of toasting
- Perfectly bakes cakes almost similar to a traditional oven
- Perfect baking of a chicken of up to 7 pounds
- Can accommodate up to 6 slices and pizza up to 12”
- Temperature probe helps in maintaining temperature of the food
- Auto shut off timer for timed baking
- Automatic function to enter into warm mode for 2 hours
- A complete manual with a cooking chart
- The assertion of company to accommodate 6 slices on toasting rack is not true in case of large slices of bread.
- Chicken breasts take longer time as compared to other ovens.
- Accessories are not dishwasher safe but require hand washing.